Sunday, June 1, 2014

IHOP Tropical Island Twist

For a while I have been loving the Tropical Island Twist at IHOP.  But I never really thought I could recreate this at home.  Then one night I over heard a new waitress ask another how to make it.  I found out it was simply Sprite, Lemonade, and Mango Syrup.  I could make that!  First step was finding the mango syrup.  I tried my local grocery store and had no luck.  So I turned to my trusty Amazon.com.  That's where I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Torani-Mango-Syrup-750mL/dp/B000AXQI1M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1401663074&sr=8-4&keywords=Mango+Syrup  I figured it would be worth a try.  It arrived Saturday, so I gave it a go.  First put about half an inch at the bottom of my glass.  Then I added half a glass of Minute Maid Lemonade (I had recently bought cans for my fiance) and half a glass of sprite.  It was perfect!  It is a wonderfully refreshing summer drink.  And at Amazon.com you can get just 1 bottle, or 3 or 4 (if you need that much!)  Now I no longer have to wait for IHOP to get my new favorite drink!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh thank you! I have been wanting to make this at home and now I can I never thought it would be so easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of lemons do you need

    ReplyDelete